1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for a
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called
life. Each day in the school you have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may
like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error,
experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as
the experiment that ultimately "works".
4. A lesson is repeated until it is learned. A lesson will be presented to you in
various forms until you learn it. Then you can go on to the next lesson.
5. These lessons will never end. There is no part of life that does not contain its
lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. "There" is no better than "here." When your "there" has become a "here,"
you will simply obtain another "there" that looks better than "here."
7. Others are mirrors of your own self-image. You will be drawn to others for
the positive qualities you believe exist in you. In a similar way, you will tend to
hate others who reflect back to you those qualities you most fear in yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources
you need; what you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. The answers are found within you. You already have the answers to life's
questions. Just look, listen within, and trust your intuitive powers.
10. You will not live forever. Take time for the most important things. Someday
there will be no tomorrow.